News:

With the coming of Summer, hunting possibilities change, typically for the better. Prairie dogs, ground squirrels, and gophers are all fair game. And so are pigeons, Eurasian doves, and house sparrows. Oh goody!

Main Menu

Excellent Gevaret multi pump montage

Started by Septicdeath, May 10, 2022, 12:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Septicdeath

EXCELLENT-GEVARET SWEDEN
1904 - 1970

There were several models made. some with smooth bore and rifling in the last few inches of the barrel others are fully rifled. They offered both full size and carbine. The K signified carbine . They where available  in .21 caliber  .177 and bb. K carbines roundballs. C11 could shoot pellets or roundball.

Their first airgun was patented in 1904, 1908 they patented a CO2 airgun. They also made an odd top lever spring-piston rifle for a brief time in the early 1920s, as well as a triggerguard-lever rifle.
They also made three versions of breakbarrel springers. The first one was made from 1933 to 1949 and the second and third were more robust guns made from 1949-1959. They made one pistol which is extremely rare.

Their pre WWII production is estimated at 8,000 rifles. They actually made 3500 rifles during the war, from 1943 – 1945. From 1945-1970 they produced as many as 25,000 rifles

, https://youtu.be/TcMet_d6XIQ

Alan

Interesting piece of hardware. A couple of years ago, before the covid mess, I saw one of these at a local gun show. It was inside s glass case, so apparently the owner thought it was rather valuable. I don't think is was for sale, but I didn't ask.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

Chickenthief

Had one in the 80' with a bum pump.
Soldered on a bit of copper tubing and an auto/schrader valve and hooked it up to an old fridge compressor. That thing must have run at least 25bar~357psi. At 35m~38ft that thing splattered round balls and dented steel.

Didnt know the worth at that time :-(