News:

With the coming of Summer, hunting possibilities change, typically for the better. Prairie dogs, ground squirrels, and gophers are all fair game. And so are pigeons, Eurasian doves, and house sparrows. Oh goody!

Main Menu

Google Login May 30?

Started by rsterne, April 29, 2022, 09:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsterne

I have been getting emails from Google stating that 3rd-party apps and devices will no longer be able to access Google without using "Sign in with Google".... Will this affect this or other Forums, website, or vendors?.... What does it mean for everyday internet use on Computers and Tablets?....

Bob
🇺🇦    I support Ukraine and their struggle to remain free!    🇺🇦

Alan

This is not a technical answer...

I have gotten several referrals from United Health Care, with Google addresses. I cannot access them unless I'm logged on. (The reason I got a Google logon, was because my ISP resold the ChromeCast video feed. They quit supplying TV, so I signed up for Hulu.) I no longer log on, unless I "just have to", and sign off as quick as I can.

I'm using AD-Bloc, but I still and inundated with BS from Google. And, the number has increased almost double what it was a few months ago. Not only that, but the ads on YouTube have tripled in the last six months. On some videos, you are forced to sit through 30 to 45 seconds of ads, every 4.5 minutes. Maybe Google is going broke?
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

steveoh

You are not required to use Google to sign in to the guild, period. I will not integrate Google sign in.

I am currently fighting a mess that Google has made with their sign in shenanigans. I have about half a dozen Google signins due to my work here, with previous companies I've worked for and for existing freelance work I do. Instead of it being a reasonable experience I am daily forced to jump through all sorts of painful hoops that has me more than irritated.

Google has way too much power and needs to face scrutiny and antitrust charges. Break Google up.
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

Alan

We need to break up MicroSoft too.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

bnowlin

Microsoft and Google are in cahoots with each other ie: look at MS Edge based on Google chrome.  It's getting out of hand

steveoh

Ever use Microsoft Teams? Holy buggy software.
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

Alan

My usual reference is MS Word. If you look at the code (BBEdit), it appears that 15% to 20% is REM: out. One could say is was (is) done to make the program compatible with the various PC clones. Well, rEM: means it isn't read, period! If it isn't needed, why is it there? I have to assume they (MS) doesn't know how to write tight code!
Alan

bnowlin

I understand that REM lines are where the code writer made a mistake and didn't want to go back and correct it. Would take too long and that is one reason programs are huge.
Remember when Windows 3 was on 8 or 10 1.44 floppies. Also, games were on 1 floppy etc. I know that Steve is a code writer, maybe he'll REM me out if I am wrong.
Bobn

Alan

I wouldn't argue with the analogy, but I learned early that tight code was fast code. Seems like no one uses subroutines anymore. Rather they just duplicate the code as RAM is cheap.
Alan