News:

It is the start of Summer vacations, and for many, planting season too. But that doesn't mean you can't shoot your airgun! And you'd best, unless you want to lose your touch for the Fall hunting seasons, which will be upon us before we know it!

Main Menu

I Also Support Ukraine

Started by rsterne, February 27, 2022, 02:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsterne

I saw Steve's post on the GTA got locked....  ::) 

We have a Ukraine flag coming, I wonder if it will stand up to a Russian Nuclear Attack?.... I am basically an optimist, but this has the potential to turn into WW3.... IMO, Putin has lost his mind, and anything is possible with this madman.... He has just put his Nuclear Deterrent on high alert....  :o

My wife and I were discussing this, and we are left wondering how long the World can let stuff like this continue before we must take a stand, even if it means the end for the planet?....

Bob
🇺🇦    I support Ukraine and their struggle to remain free!    🇺🇦

bnowlin

U are so right. I'm not scared just concerned.
Bobn

Alan

The best part, if there is one, is the fact his own people are Turning against him
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

steveoh

Quote from: rsterne on February 27, 2022, 02:53:31 PMI saw Steve's post on the GTA got locked....  ::) 

We have a Ukraine flag coming, I wonder if it will stand up to a Russian Nuclear Attack?.... I am basically an optimist, but this has the potential to turn into WW3.... IMO, Putin has lost his mind, and anything is possible with this madman.... He has just put his Nuclear Deterrent on high alert....  :o

My wife and I were discussing this, and we are left wondering how long the World can let stuff like this continue before we must take a stand, even if it means the end for the planet?....

Bob

Yup, I think it lasted half an hour.

I feel for the Ukrainians, and I really have nothing against common Russians. It's just Putin and his Oligarchs I'd like to see ousted. A whole lot of unnecessary misery going around.
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

Gerard

After worrying about the Ukraine situation off and on for a couple of months, hearing the incredible push from CNN and other US networks towards war along with much of the same from the White House, I wasn't surprised at all to hear that it happened. But after a few days of watching whatever I could find from the actual scenes of war... I'm left feeling that Putin's connections to the WEF (he's been affectionately calling Klaus Schwab 'dear Klaus' every time they shake hands since 1993, and has made numerous lengthy speeches at Davos and other WEF events), and seeing so very many old video clips and old still images being repurposed to show what's happening in Ukraine now... I'm left with a very strong 'Wag The Dog' feeling. Any of you guys see that movie?

Not meaning to step on anyone's toes with this, but the bigger picture seems relevant. Putin's involvement, especially in the recent announcement of the 'digital Ruble' taking over from cash, seems to fall very much into line with WEF utopian fantasy, of an AI-managed, 24/7 monitored, utterly controlled global population, united under one currency. Trudeau and Freeland's recent demonstration of part of what that means seems very frightening to me - they can freeze all of a person's assets at a whim, without due diligence or anything like a legal process in the courts. This is a future we want?

I have no doubt that people are being hurt and killed in Ukraine. What is less clear is on what scale, by whom, and most importantly for what purpose. It seems to depend upon whom one asks in the region. The politics of Ukraine are anything but clear, and I say that as someone who sat on the executive of an orchestra for 4 years formed mostly of Ukrainians, many of whom were very political and could get into heated debates over what their history was actually about with little provocation. I saw friendships destroyed over disagreements on fairly basic aspects of history. And this was early 1990's. No doubt it has become worse since. Playing music with those people was interesting, and sometimes interrupted by squabbles breaking out, much to the consternation of the young traditional dancers on the stage behind us.

I am also partially of Ukrainian heritage, though exactly how is unclear. My great-grandparents came from Russia, but via Ukraine before then, and from Germany before then, as they were chased all over Europe due to their Mennonite faith. So who knows? I have no problem with Ukrainians or Russians, never have. Putin, on the other hand, I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him.

I suspect that the WEF involvement is a major component, the US push for war another, and that for the locals, the situation is about as clearly understood as it was for Yugoslavians in the early 1990's. My father was Croatian and he couldn't make head nor tail of it, just defaulted to thinking it was probably the Serbians' fault, but he couldn't be sure. Mostly he was just disappointed that 50 years of stability had been ruined after Tito's death.

Anyway, I'm not sure what pulling Russian vodka off BCL shelves will accomplish. I don't drink so it doesn't affect me. The booze was paid for long ago, to be in the warehouses and stores, so Russia isn't harmed by pulling it from shelves. Tokenism is so weird. Symbolic non-drinking in protest, probably leaving a lot of local Russians disappointed they can't get their favourite beverages. Meantime Putin colludes with his oligarch cronies and with Schwab, and is all too likely to be having back room conversations with a bunch of his Western World Economic Forum buddies, as they figure out how far to let this play out, how much distraction is needed from the collapse of the 'pandemic' narrative, and how to get more vaccines into more arms using the war as the new sales tool... fun times.

I'll go back to working on a fancier tinfoil hat now. My son thinks I should make one in the form of a fedora, for extra style points when I go to meetings of fellow delusional misfits (if there is ever a meeting, and if I trust that such a meeting hasn't been infiltrated by CSIS).

rsterne

I should point out that I also have no issue with the Russian people.... However, if in the long term they want to survive, and become part of the civilized world, they have to get rid of the madman at the helm.... I now have no doubt who is the 3rd Anti-christ....

Bob

steveoh

Ukraine is suffering greatly because of one man.
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

rsterne

Our Ukrainian flag arrived today....

Just a small sign of support and respect for those trying to retain their freedom....

Bob

Frank in Fairfield

In other news: Today it was reported that 75% of 18-34 year olds in the USA would turn tail and run away if the USA was ever attacked by a foreign government.
Not the same 18-34 olds from 1941, apparently..
AA TX200 MKIII, .177
Avanti 499B
Baikal IZH46M w/Steve Corcoran Furniture
Baikal IZH60
Beeman P17
Beeman R1, San Rafael, .177
Benjamin Sheridan Blue Streak, Williams Peep
Benjamin Marauder Gen I, .177 w/Boyd's Blaster Stock
Benjamin Marauder Gen I, .25   w/Boyd's Varmint stock
Crosman 1720T
Crosman 2300S, Steve Corcoran Grips
Daisy Model 25, Variant #7