News:

Enjoy your summer, and stay safe!

Main Menu

Airgun Guild to be represented at July 4th celebration

Started by Steelhead, June 30, 2023, 06:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelhead

SteveO and I will be representing the Airgun Guild this Sunday, July 2nd at the Penngrove Celebration.

https://patch.com/california/petaluma/calendar/event/20230702/951df8c5-4c76-4c7d-a186-0f18926d56db/social-firemen-independence-day-parade-celebration-2023-penngrove

http://www.penngrovesocialfiremen.org/penngrove-parade.html

It's billed as 'The largest July 4th parade west of the Mississippi'. There's an old-fashioned parade, BBQ, live music, and various booths and vendors. We will be there educating and representing the airgun community and hopefully build interest in the hobby.

We will post some pics next week. Hopefully we'll see some of you locals there.
Airforce Texan .308
FX Impact MKII .25
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Prowler .177
Texan .50
Sam Yang 909s Light Hunter
Born Wild Shooting Chair
Air Venturi compressor

Alan

Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

steveoh

The Penngrove Celebration, Parade, and BBQ was, I think, a resounding success.

I was late getting there, and Kevin had most of the booth already setup and ready to go. I did bring the AGG banner which we got hung up pretty quickly. We also had the Born Wild Shooting Chairs banner. Looked good!

Kevin had his Airforce Texan .308 all camo'd up sitting on a shooting chair all camo'd up, and a Ghillie Suit adorned it, making for a very impressive presentation. Kevin also had his 909 along with an arrow, and his ever present FX Impact on the main table. I added my Quackenbush .58 rifle and my Benjamin Bulldog to the table, along with an air tank. I also brought a hopped up .177 QB79 upgraded to HPA and plunked it down on a BW Shooting Chair.

We had a steady number of men, women and kids come by and visit, ask a ton of questions and ask how much these air rifles cost. Of course we were selling no airguns, and told folks we were interested in spreading the word, and gathering names of folks interested in a Northern California / Bay Area airgun club or future fun shoots.  We collected 9 or so email addresses.

I started keeping track of some of the questions folks asked and also a list of stuff we neglected to have on hand.

Several folks were interested in Self Defense with an AirGun. I thought that was interesting even though this is not the first time I've heard this question.

Turns out that some of our visitors had criminal records and were no longer able to own a firearm. One guy used some large caliber handgun that was air powered and shot plastic balls. Curious. So the question, can a felon own an airgun? The general answer is yes since the federal government doesn't regulate airguns. Of course I suppose a Judge might set restrictions or a parole officer might say, nope. But, I'm not a lawyer.

Anyway it was an interesting day and fun to meet folks and shoot the sh*t, and talk airguns. We were both truly airgun evangelists.

On my list to take next time:

1. Shot Targets with varying caliber holes, indicating potential airgun accuracy at a variety of distances.
2. History of Airguns chart or poster including the bigbore Ghirodini.
3. Chart of different types of airguns: springer, co2, PCP, etc
4. List of shooting ranges in the surrounding area that are airgun friendly. (maybe clubs also like Diablo etc.)
5. Getting started with a PCP list of airgun, compressor or pump, tank, etc.
6. Chart of calibers and reasonable use / hunting / critter etc.
7. Chart of legal critters to target in California.

Of course we're open to suggestions on how to help folks better understand the world of airguns.

Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

Alan

Sounds like you had a good time. Can't remember the last show I went to, which had any airguns on display. Fact is, the last gun show had just one!
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

steveoh

Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

bnowlin

Thanks to you guys for representing us so well.
Bobn

Alan

As I look at the photos... Wouldn't it have been nice, if you had a shooting range too! Wishful thinking I suspect.
Alan

Steelhead

Of the many pics we took, this one was the most amusing. A very large gopher kept poking his head up in the middle of our display booth. There we sat with $15K worth of airguns, tanks, ammo, etc. watching a gopher mock us from 5' away. If that's not emasculating, I don't know what is.

Humility is an amazing thing
Airforce Texan .308
FX Impact MKII .25
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Prowler .177
Texan .50
Sam Yang 909s Light Hunter
Born Wild Shooting Chair
Air Venturi compressor

steveoh

If only I'd brought the .58 DAQ Hand Cannon.

Quote from: Steelhead on July 13, 2023, 07:00:59 AMOf the many pics we took, this one was the most amusing. A very large gopher kept poking his head up in the middle of our display booth. There we sat with $15K worth of airguns, tanks, ammo, etc. watching a gopher mock us from 5' away. If that's not emasculating, I don't know what is.

Humility is an amazing thing
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322