News:

Enjoy your summer, and stay safe!

Main Menu

regulator

Started by 761xl, May 30, 2020, 05:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

761xl

I put a regulator in my diana bandit . it didnt change anything. Acts as if it had a big hole right through it. Oring looked new and i covered it with 100 % silicone oil before putting it in. Does anybody know whats probably wrong ? Thanks
in order of importance:
airgun guild info
daystate huntsman regal xl 22
hatsan bt-65 carnivore
diana outlaw 22
diana bandit 22
crosman 1322
benjamin 392 pa

Steelhead

First I'm no engineer, but is it possible that the oring is too small?
Airforce Texan .308
FX Impact MKII .25
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Prowler .177
Texan .50
Sam Yang 909s Light Hunter
Born Wild Shooting Chair
Air Venturi compressor

761xl

It is same one that was shipped on it but tomorrow i can take it out and remove it.i think theres another one in the package ill see of its any thicker. Felt pretty tight going in i just figured itd be right. Thanks steelhead
in order of importance:
airgun guild info
hatsan bt-65 carnivore
diana outlaw 22
diana bandit 22
crosman 1322
benjamin 392 pa

761xl

i guess i put off messing with it for a week, just took regulator out. was harder to get out than it was to put in. oring still doesnt look hurt. should i be able to blow air straight through it like a straw ? i checked and i can, im pretty full of hot air but not 135 bar lol. i wonder if instead of bypassing the oring it might be going straight through regulator without any regulating .
in order of importance:
airgun guild info
hatsan bt-65 carnivore
diana outlaw 22
diana bandit 22
crosman 1322
benjamin 392 pa

Alan

I don't know how that specific regulator is made. Typically, you shouldn't be able to see through it. You might pass the by Bob Sterne's forum here on the guild.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

761xl

thank you too alan , after it didnt work with second oring i started sipping some bourbon & having worked last night ive been up 20 hours now. ill certainly ask on his place, i couldnt see through it but i could blow through it as if it was a whistle. you and steelhead are mighty helpful folks and much appreciated. the daystate has yet to need fixing and has performed great killing 3 squirrels so fast i could see they was doomed soon as it hit them, the diana impresses me in a happy way but the groups are strung out a bit too much vertically, i reckon 540 to 715 might be the reason, thus my buying regulator seemed to me to be good idea, so far it may as well have been a washer dropped into the tiny air tank [ or whatever the pressure holding tube is called] .

in order of importance:
airgun guild info
hatsan bt-65 carnivore
diana outlaw 22
diana bandit 22
crosman 1322
benjamin 392 pa

rsterne

Regulators are "open" until the output side reaches the setpoint, so it seems reasonable to be able to blow through it (although I have never tried it)....

Bob
🇺🇦    I support Ukraine and their struggle to remain free!    🇺🇦

761xl

through the whole range of the threads the adjustment screw doesnt change anything, after finding this out i removed it and found there isnt a spring in it . i think i got a regulator with parts missing. sucks to pay close to 100 bucks and wait then get a pos. not putting it back in.  imo it should have been ready to install and should have regulated . havent bought anything from airguns of arizona and hawke that wasnt good. cant say the same about other dealers.

thanks folks & may you all have better luck than me :)
in order of importance:
airgun guild info
hatsan bt-65 carnivore
diana outlaw 22
diana bandit 22
crosman 1322
benjamin 392 pa