News:

It is the start of Summer vacations, and for many, planting season too. But that doesn't mean you can't shoot your airgun! And you'd best, unless you want to lose your touch for the Fall hunting seasons, which will be upon us before we know it!

Main Menu

Been awhile .... Had to get back to having some fun. "Hybrid gun cobbling"

Started by Motorhead, August 03, 2022, 11:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motorhead

Ive shared this a bit, and thought some may get a kick out of mixing 40+ year old school stock design minus the spring piston heart & lungs with modern PCP mechanics ( Heart & Lung Transplant )

Take a 40 year old DIANA 75 10M rifle stock, systematically find a way to make fit a modern PCP action into it, and then commit & just do it !!

Result is this one off creation  :o You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.       
"Home of Motorheads Air Gun Tuning Service"
    ***** Airguns need love too !! *****

Alan

It seems like everyone is finding a way to skeletonize every airgun out there! It is nice to see a retro style once again. Looks good to me.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

Motorhead

Yea I'm old school with trendy Tactical / Skeletal / Minimal not really being attractive or comfortable IMO.

For those of us who have been around more than a few years, think it would be a tough argument that the 10M match rifles of a bygone era were and remain the most comfortable and ergonomic guns to enjoy while shooting.

Sadly the 10M guns were of such limited / low power one needed to be humbled that they were what they were and use them accordingly  :-\

This is my RETRO attempt of getting the best of both worlds ... A simply stellar handling rifle with some BALLS !!!
This a Non regulated action.  Power wheel on transfer port controls output.  Low end @ 8fpe and Wide open a roaring 40+ fpe !
This a .22 cal having 18" of barrel & internally baffled shroud. Super light hammer in free flight make it shockingly quiet & efficient.

I'm just thrilled it turned out so well.

Scott S
"Home of Motorheads Air Gun Tuning Service"
    ***** Airguns need love too !! *****

Steelhead

I love it! The fact that you took what YOU like and morphed some modern internals for performance is awesome.

I love the classic look as well. However, I've accepted the fact in order for the best performance I have to make exceptions.

I WILL say that a gun like the FX Impact, which is as far to the opposite side of what a traditionalist likes, is a very comfortable gun with the bottle as the foreend. The Texans are not comfortable (out of the box), my Armada was horrible, and Raptor was not only uncomfortable but would draw blood with the stupidly placed rails.

I would rather 'grab on' to a classic style gun stock (either wood or plastic) OR the bottle.

Really nice work, Motorhead. Nothing like having (and building) the only one out there.
Airforce Texan .308
FX Impact MKII .25
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Prowler .177
Texan .50
Sam Yang 909s Light Hunter
Born Wild Shooting Chair
Air Venturi compressor

steveoh

I think modifying your rifle to suit your needs and desires is pretty awesome.

Comfort is good reason why we modify. Like Kevin, I hate some of the rifles I've come in "contact" with. Yup the Texan has some pretty sharp edges as doe the Impact.

With a wood stock rifle it's generally a comfortable part to grab and carry. Or at least it doesn't draw blood. With my Impact I am always worried that I'm grabbing a gauge or some other delicate part, like the floating barrel. Or if I lean the rifle against my bench am I going to tweak the barrel? Oh I fret.

God forbid the rifle hits the ground.

Right or wrong I often carry my Impact, Bulldog and even the Texan by the scope. I figure the scopes are tough ( two are "battle proven tough" SWFA'). The rings are heavy duty-ish and I'm able to avoid twisting knobs when I grab the scope.

Shrug!
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

T3PRanchAGS

I love putting things together that did not originally belong together.

Cool Hybrid sir.