News:

It is the start of Summer vacations, and for many, planting season too. But that doesn't mean you can't shoot your airgun! And you'd best, unless you want to lose your touch for the Fall hunting seasons, which will be upon us before we know it!

Main Menu

Penngrove 4th of July BBQ and Parade

Started by steveoh, July 03, 2022, 08:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveoh

Kevin and I are set up in Penngrove Park, and are representing Born Wild Shooting Chairs, and the Airgun Guild!

More to come...
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

bnowlin

Nice going is that today and or tomorrow?
Bobn

steveoh

Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

archerhmr

Wow. Wish I had known. I would have come down.

MikeB

steveoh

Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

steveoh

This was not an Airgun show, rather it was a 4th of July Parade and BBQ for the City of Penngrove in Northern California.

Kevin has attended in years past and set up a booth for his Born Wild Shooting Chairs. This year I showed up to represent the Airgun Guild and to really be an Airgun evangelist, and just hang out with Kevin.

We got to the show early to make sure we had parking and to insure we had prime location for the adjoining booths.

We both brought a variety of airguns and I have to say that we got ample attention. Folks would stroll by and mouths would open, and grown men and boys, and women gravitated to the booths and those impressive airguns.

Questions: are those air soft guns? Firearms? How much power? Can I hunt deer and pigs? Do I need a background check or license? How do you buy ammo? Background check or fee to buy ammo? How much is it going to cost to get outfitted? What do I need to get started? Ok to sit in the shooting chair and look through the scope? Etc!

It was amazing how many folks wanted to know more.

This was an entirely different experience than going to the Pacific Airgun Expo where new folks were few and far between.

To me, this is thinking outside of the box and is all about introducing folks to high end airguns, big bores , and planting a seed. No doubt Kevin and I could have put together packages of airguns, scopes, tanks, compressors and even melting pots, lead a molds. It's a large learning curve and getting started can be daunting.

It was an amazing day and a perfect example of one way to introduce the Airgun hobby to a good number of people. It was also just good fun yakking!
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

Steelhead

I'm not sure of the total attendance as it's subjective with people coming and going, but it was up into the multi-thousands (based on the crowd size/numbers of people in years past). As far as my shooting chairs go, it's much more about interacting with the public and 'representing' the shooting world than it is about sales. I have a very high-end/expensive product and nobody is coming there to shop for shooting chairs, lol. However, I have had so much positive feedback (as well as a couple of sales to guys who went to the ATM) that I feel that it's a way to start a dialogue with both shooters and non-shooters.

The airgun display took that to whole different level. As Steve said, we had men, women, kids, bikers, nerds, cholos, rednecks, drunks, cops, rent-a-cops, and everything in between asking questions and amazed at the stable of airguns to show.

Some interesting characters:

One old timer has a pest problem that needs to be dealt with. Quietly. He thought we could sell him a setup and he had checkbook in hand for a gun/tank/scope/compressor. He really likes his garden. I got his information and I'm going to help him out. 

A young kid with his grandma was just transfixed. He passed his hunter safety course and is looking for his BB gun. I took his information too so that if we do a local shoot here at the ranch that the young fella can come by if he likes.

A nice older lady came up and said 'Do you have a business card or do house calls?' A little confused, I asked her what she needed. She looked down, leaned toward me and lowered her voice and said, 'The f#$%ing turkeys are destroying my landscape and I want them GONE! Can you make that happen?' I gave her my personal phone number.

Steve and I were invited by the president of a local motorcycle club (not a 1% club) to be at their annual car show and concert at the county fairgrounds. He thought both the chairs and the airguns would be an awesome addition to the vendors at that venue.

I would have spread the word a bit more about us both being there representing, but both Steve and I had things going on with family/professional commitments that could cause us to back out at the last minute. I've been working every day non-stop for almost a month straight because my helper got Covid-induced pneumonia and so he's been down since June 3rd and in/out of the hospital. I've been feeling like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest, and I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to make it. But when Steve said he was in that sealed the deal for me and I started to put my wheels in motion. All that said, I didn't want to make a big production out of it and then look like a flake if I had to back out due to work commitments.
Airforce Texan .308
FX Impact MKII .25
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Prowler .177
Texan .50
Sam Yang 909s Light Hunter
Born Wild Shooting Chair
Air Venturi compressor

bnowlin

steveoh

Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs