News:

Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas! Time is flying, and it is that part of the year when your better half is looking for gift ideas. This is a reminder to start hinting!

Main Menu

new from Houston TX USA

Started by Sc0-, November 24, 2022, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sc0-

Been in Airguns for sometime, currently have springers, PCP's, and a couple of 10m types to include one SSP.  Have shot competitively in state and CMP POSTAL 10m air pistol matches. Been inside the internals of a few, no manufacturing capabilities but do what I can as needed.  Should have stuck with Springers, but the PCP's require much less effort to shoot even though they require more equipment. 

Alan

Welcome. I agree, but not necessarily about springers, at least those which use nitro-pistons (I have a Diana 54, that is very accurate).

And I agree about PCPs. Unfortunately, it is almost like a drugs—they really lead to more and more addiction!
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

Sc0-

Diana: 34,430L,48,52,54
HW: 45,95,77k,97k
FWB: 80,300s
IZH: Baikal 46m
Walther: LP201
Pardini: K10
AA: S410 XtraFAC, S410 TDR
RAW: HM1000x
Airmaks: KraitX
Walter-Kidde 5k psi 4stg compressor
HILL Hand pump (if needed)

My experiences:
Tried to add a vented regulator to the TDR long ago, failed miserable as something kept leaking so gave up and ordered a new air tube. The HW45 sucked to disassemble and reassemble to do a spring change, on the other hand the Diana rifles are super easy when dropping in a spring kit. Still haven't opened up a HW rifle yet, but might do one soon to install a 12ftlb kit. The Air Arms rifles are also super easy to go through and are as simple as can be for a PCP.  The Baikal isn't bad compared to the Walther LP201, PCP pistols have Orings everywhere. The Kidde air compressor is very interesting, had a stuck 4th stage piston that took a while to find and some TLC to get it working again.