News:

It may be Winter, but Spring is coming. So start planning for your first airgun outing.

Main Menu

Started by Majorrose, April 05, 2022, 07:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majorrose

Just discovered this forum while looking for PCP gunsmith, appears to be what I was looking for. To introduce myself, Have been into serious air guns since 1987 when I purchased my first "real" air gun, an RWS mod 45. Later went on to other springers and finally to a Benjamin 392 which I sent to Mac-1 and had steroid mod. Now at age 74 I find I can no longer pump the 392 for more than a few shots. Now comes the PCP. At present I have four rifles; Benji Marauder Pistol, Benjamin Cayden, Air Venturi Avenger(25), and most recently a Seneca Recluse. First bought a scuba tank and then a compressor.
As far as personal stuff, eight years of military straight out of High School (USN), then went into Law Enforcement in 1973 and retired in 2004. Taught Concealed carry training for over ten years.
Looking forward to learning more about PCPs.

Alan

Interesting. I'm about the oldest member here, and I'm 82. I have a 396 Benjamin, with a few minor mods, including a TKO22 suppresser. It is backyard quiet. My typical pump up is 5 to 7 times, depending on the game I'm shooting at. Yes, it is a bot stiff, but after doing the routine for about 6 years, it isn't all that difficult to do. But like you. I'd rather use a PCP, but I don't have one for backyard unfortunately.

In any case, welcome aboard.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

bnowlin

Welcome aboard.  Not sure but I think I may me next to the oldest lol, or at least the 3rd
Bobn

Majorrose

Being in the upper group of geezers is a way of life it seems. Never give up I say!
Seriously, I'm shooting something almost every day now that I have gotten into PCPs. About a year ago I decided to sell some of my firearms and acquire air guns to replace them, so far, I'm glad I did.
Thanks for the welcome.

steveoh

Being a geezer is better than the alternative.  ;D

Welcome aboard!
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

Alan

Well, Major, I agree with you. I didn't sell any of my guns, rather I gave them to my nephew a number of years ago, after his dad passed away. I'm not sorry either!

In the last few years, I've spent more than I intended to on airguns. But the truth is, they're more enjoyable as you get older, if for no other reason than recoil. Of course, some of the folks here really love big bores, but to me they're a bit boring, if you'll excuse the puns.

In any case, it is always nice to have others of similar age, as somethings the younger set just don't get it, if you get my drift!
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).