News:

It may be Winter, but Spring is coming. So start planning for your first airgun outing.

Main Menu

Started by avenger61, February 27, 2022, 04:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avenger61

Hi im avenger 61, My interest in air guns started about 2yrs ago, break barrels(Gamo raptor whisper.25 cal) I was impressed with the power these gun had compared to there counter parts when i was growing up, Im 61 years old,lol but, the scope was junk and the when i did get a good one,,, it trashed it. Thats when the world of PCP opened up to me. My first one was the Avenger .25 cal and i have just received a AEA big bore 357 standard with 4500 fill and the power kit makes it a 300 fpe rifle, i hunt woodchucks, coyote and bobcats. I'm still very new to  pcp's. will post pic later.

Alan

Interesting. While break barrels have their uses (I'm still trying to figure out what they're good for), PCP is indeed the future of airguns.

I have two FX Impacts (Mk II and Mk III), both in .25 caliber. You mentioned bobcats. We have them here in SE New Mexico, and at 55 FPE at the muzzle, I have to problem taking down bobcat out to about 100 yards. The last one I shot, was just past 50 yards, and dropped like a rock with a chest hit.They may be accomplished fighters, but not when shot!
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

CraigH

Welcome to the forum, avenger61!    :)
Craig

Lone Tree, Colorado