News:

It may be Winter, but Spring is coming. So start planning for your first airgun outing.

Main Menu

New Member, was told to come and post NorCal Shooting Opportunities for Concord

Started by DiabloAir, February 08, 2022, 09:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiabloAir

Morning!
Tis the season to shoot some airguns- I understand that some attendees on this website don't visit or are aware of Diablo Rod and Gun Airgun programs. We've a pretty good thing going, and we're not trying to hide it under a bushel. 

There is a Diablo Rod and Gun (heck, can I just use DRG from now on?) calendar at the Club website, cleverly named: DiabloRodandGun.com

We've a YouTube page with vid's of some past events, and most everyone that comes out is a champ. Well, there are a couple of tossers, just whisper in my ear and I'll point them out to you. They'll point right back at me, so take my opinions with a grain of NACL. These aren't all of our events, but some that are on the front burner for this month:

Here's a sampling of upcoming events:
Date                                       Event                                                           Owner
02-09-2022 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm   Wednesday Fun shoot                 United Sportsman Range, Concord CA   0akhonor

02-11-2022 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm   Airgun Fridays                            United Sportsman Range, Concord CA   0akhonor

02-12-2022 - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm   Bench match for Club Factory & Airguns only Unsanctioned Match   United Sportsman Range, Concord CA   0akhonor

02-16-2022 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm   Wednesday Fun shoot      United Sportsman Range, Concord CA   0akhonor

02-18-2022 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm   Airgun Fridays                 United Sportsman Range, Concord CA   0akhonor

02-18-2022 - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm   10 meter Indoor Match    United Sportsman Range, Concord CA   0akhonor

02-20-2022 - 8:30 am - 1:15 pm   Field Target                     United Sportsman Range, Concord CA   0akhonor

02-23-2022 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm   Wednesday Fun shoot       United Sportsman Range, Concord CA   0akhonor

Alan

I'm not in California, but a bunch here are! Perhaps Steve of Kevin will see this, and chime in.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

DiabloAir

Gracias!
SteveOh replied to an AirgunNation post I had made, rued the problem of getting the word out.
Some airgunners are loners and we get that, but for the new person or those who are always curious, the club members out here shoot just about any kind of airgun out there, at all kinds of distances and targets.
Most are willing to lend them at the range-how many times have we wanted to know more about a gun but didn't want to drop the coin?  Or worse, tried to purchase the cheapest option only to be disappointed by the dismal results.

We're here to be an asset, non profit and looking to responsibly grow our sport. 

steveoh

Thank you!

I am waiting to hear from the developer of your calendar to see if I can dynamically pull json data. This way I set up a page, and automatically be in sync whenever changes are made to your calendar. I hope that we can help Diablo increase airgun event participation.

Huzzah!
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

Steelhead

That's awesome!. Question...in order to participate in some of these activities do you have to be a member of DRG? The reason I ask is that's it's a bit of a haul for me from Petaluma so I wouldn't be a regualr/frequent visitor, but an occasional stop-by would be a lot of fun.
Airforce Texan .308
FX Impact MKII .25
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Prowler .177
Texan .50
Sam Yang 909s Light Hunter
Born Wild Shooting Chair
Air Venturi compressor

steveoh

Looks like there is a pathway to pulling calendar data. Will see what's involved next week.
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

Frank in Fairfield

Membership not required.
A bit more if you are not.
No tank filling for non-members (I hear).

Membership used to be required after your 2nd visit but the managers have figured out they make more money if you are not a member.

Brilliant..