News:

It may be Winter, but Spring is coming. So start planning for your first airgun outing.

Main Menu

Another Hello from Texas!

Started by JimF, February 11, 2021, 08:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimF

Hello all, thanks for letting me in the door. I spent some time reading a number of post in order to get a feel for this forum. After a while I thought, these guys are about my speed so, here I am.

I hope this story is not too long but it has to do with how I got here.

My wife is very sensitive about any animal getting hurt in any way. If something bad happens, like death, she does no want to hear about it. NO!

Last summer, she and I watched as a pair of Robbins (Red Birds) build a homely little nest in a hanging flower basket just outside the kitchen window. Through the window we watched. Two eggs were laid and caired for by proud and protective parents. While they were both away, I even took pictures of the eggs. After a while, two baby Robbins were hatched.

My wife and I watched as the two parent Robbins took turns flying out, then returning to feed their babies. Then, about the time the little ones were ready to fly, my wife noticed a flurry of defensive activity going on with the parent Robbins. All of a sudden, a big-ol J-Bird landed on the nest, eating one of the nestlings then flying away with the other!
Horrified, my wife told me, Whatever you have to do, I want those J-Birds dead!

I have an FX Maverick .22 on order.
Benjamin Marauder .22
FX Maverick Sniper .22. Ordered January 19, 2021. Order cancelled February 18, 2021.

It is my opinion that one of many goals of the Federal Government is to, systematically take away our freedoms, rights and privileges, and sell them back to us in the form licensing and registrations. Then threaten us with fines and imprisonment for noncompliance. All for under the guise of safety.
I've been watching this go on for over fifty years.

steveoh

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you have nature happening!
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

Alan

Welcome!

Good plan! Just order a DonnyFL to add to the Maverick, and it will be backyard friendly.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

Steelhead

Airforce Texan .308
FX Impact MKII .25
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Prowler .177
Texan .50
Sam Yang 909s Light Hunter
Born Wild Shooting Chair
Air Venturi compressor

Whatsquirrel

Welcome fellow Texan. Them J's are horrible things. The ones around the farm have learned their lesson.

JimF

Hello AirGun Guild Administrator's,

Over the last couple of weeks, when I click on the Log In button, I'm getting a message box that says...

"Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum".

Has anyone else had this problem? I've figured out a way to Log In (sort of a back door way but that's a different story.)  :)

I have screenshots but I'm not able to attach it to this message.

What do you think?

Thanks for your help.
Benjamin Marauder .22
FX Maverick Sniper .22. Ordered January 19, 2021. Order cancelled February 18, 2021.

It is my opinion that one of many goals of the Federal Government is to, systematically take away our freedoms, rights and privileges, and sell them back to us in the form licensing and registrations. Then threaten us with fines and imprisonment for noncompliance. All for under the guise of safety.

bnowlin

steveoh

Quote from: JimF on March 21, 2022, 02:42:30 PMHello AirGun Guild Administrator's,

Over the last couple of weeks, when I click on the Log In button, I'm getting a message box that says...

Has anyone else had this problem? I've figured out a way to Log In (sort of a back door way but that's a different story.)  :)

I have screenshots but I'm not able to attach it to this message.

What do you think?

Thanks for your help.

Strange. I thought that those issues were fixed. Might try clearing cache. Will also force a server cache from the server.
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

JimF

Hello steveoh, Thanks for looking into this.

Interesting, I cleared my internet cache (several times now) and restart my iPad. I go to  https://airgunguild.com   and click on "Log In". I get a [Log In] box.

I enter my username and password and press Log In. I then get a full screen 403 - Forbidden, Access to this page is forbidden.

I then refresh my screen and the AirGun Guild main page reloads.

I click on the Log In button and the message box then appears and says...

Humm...

The way I'm able to Log In is, to go to my latest post and click on JimF, above my blank avatar. I get a Log In box, I inter my username and password and click the LOG IN button and Boom, I'm in.

Thanks again for your help,
-Jim

You cannot see attachments on this board.

You cannot see attachments on this board.
Benjamin Marauder .22