News:

Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas! Time is flying, and it is that part of the year when your better half is looking for gift ideas. This is a reminder to start hinting!

Main Menu

My Next Build Has Started

Started by Loren, December 24, 2020, 05:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loren

I already have started the next one. (A stock) Airforce come out with their new trigger guard, so that outdated my AF stock designs.  I bought a .308 Texan SS that has the new trigger guard and it deserves to be put in a cool looking stock.  I also have a friend with a Rem 700 in 7mm mag.  He bought it for $50 when Wokemart was clearing out all their PB's.  It's in a plastic stock and has some different inletting than this one I just did, so there is some design work to do to allow for that.

Alan

It is called a Radner! "If it ain't one thing, it's another!"
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

Loren

Todays Project

At this point both pieces have been face milled on both side to thickness, and the top edge has been milled and holes and slots cut.

First side cut.

Flip the parts to the other side and rinse repeat.

Clamps added so the tooling tabs can be cut off

Tabs cut off

The finished parts.....still need to do some hand finishing and explore some other cutting options to get a better finish on the radius edges.

This will let me design an AF stock that is both forward and backward compatible with their Gen 1 and Gen trigger guard rifles.  I will just supply a trigger guard with the stock.

Loren

This is for a Texan SS CF.  Both sides have been rough cut.

Loren

Alan

The last steps of course, will be... Sand, then sand, then sand some more! Then a bit of finish.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

steveoh

Amazing work as usual.

I had no idea Texans had a new trigger guard!
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw
Shooting Chairs
Vallejo Ferry Schedule
DAQ .458 LA Outlaw Rifle
DAQ .58 LA Outlaw Rifle
FX Streamline .25
FX M3 Impact 700mm Sniper .25
Benjamin Bulldog .357
QB-79 .177
Crosman 1322
Crosman 1377 - HoRodded 10 FPE
Diana Model 27 (childhood airgun)
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Calculator

Loren

Quote from: Alan on November 21, 2022, 04:21:12 AMThe last steps of course, will be... Sand, then sand, then sand some more! Then a bit of finish.

That is so true!  Just when I think I'm done sanding, there is a place I missed.

Steve the new trigger guard came out some time here is the last 12-18 months IIRC.  It allows an AR patterned grip to fit the rifles.