News:

Enjoy your summer, and stay safe!

Main Menu

It just happens!

Started by Alan, July 05, 2024, 01:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

About 8:30 MDT, I was at one of my favorite permissions, essentially looking for pigeons. Of course, I'll take what I can get, even tiny sparrows out at about 80 yards. All of us have been in this exact spot, where our regular game has taken a holiday of sorts. Nonetheless, there was that lone sparrow, sitting on a fence wire. My rangefinder said 84 yards, where my .250 caliber, 26.8 Gr. slugged, FX Impact, is sighed in for. Lots of time, so I took careful aim, took a deep breath, let some out, and pulled the trigger. Perfect shot!

Oops!

Just as I pulled the trigger, a Grackle decided to fly right into the path of my 26.8 grain slug. The short of it was, I did not get the sparrow, but the hapless Grackle was hit dead center!
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

bnowlin

LOL It was certainly in the wrong place at the right time.  Anything left of him?
Bobn

Alan

The remnants of the impact sound are still echoing across the ether!
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).