News:

Enjoy your summer, and stay safe!

Main Menu

Relaxing

Started by Alan, February 16, 2024, 06:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Airgun wise (perhaps in life too), I'm at a crossroad. Next month, I'll be 84 years old (chronologically), but still young at heart perhaps. Unfortunately, the new year brought about several unexpected changes with respect to airgunning in general.

First, the 250 acre ranch I had permission to shoot on, was sold. The new owner's daughter and family live on the property, which limits my shooting area to less than 75 acres. The second 25 acre property is still open to me, but a new neighbor of that property turned out to be a rather large-framed Karen, with a propensity to complain to the local constabulary. While they mostly ignore the issue, her constant rants have become rather tiring.

I do have permission to shoot at a local feed lot. The longer 80 round trip, coupled with the requirement to retrieve all of the game shot, makes it somewhat less inviting than the 6 mile round trip as before.

On the plus side, my 20-10 uncorrected vision is still with me along with a steady grasp. This said, I would be lying if I didn't add the fact my desire has waned. And too, one of the previous owners (and shooting partner) of the aforementioned ranch has ever-increasing back issues related to joint deterioration. Hunting alone, even for varmints, isn't a good idea, as we all know.

I want the members of the Guild to know that I'm still here, still kicking, but limiting my comments to all good things relating to airguns and hunting. In its place (partly) will be my recently refurbished Home Theater. The last upgrade will arrive Monday in the form of new seating. This in addition to all new decor including full-boat, Dolby Atmos surround system, and proper support hardware.

Since the pilot light is still burning, just count me less physically avid, but still highly interested.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

bnowlin

Things are really changing especially for us old toots as the New Generation just don't understand our wants and needs.  Hang in there.
Bobn