News:

It may be Winter, but Spring is coming. So start planning for your first airgun outing.

Main Menu

Playing with cheap pumpers

Started by WyomingWhitetail, January 23, 2023, 09:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyomingWhitetail

So maybe I'm a simpleton but I'll take a cheap pump gun any day. Anyone built anything cool out of the cheaper guns, like daisy 880s or Crosman 760s or tuned them up? I have a Crosman legacy 1000 that might go under the knife for a trigger clean up soon. Thinking it would be fun to tune up a 880 and a 760 and see which one turns out to be the best shooter. 

Alan

I have a modified 397 Benjamin. A very minor change to the valve, a SuperSear added, along with a TKO22 suppressor adapter, and wallah! You can almost get the advertised 10 FPE, with very good accuracy out to 50 yards. The TKO22 makes the gun all but dead quiet.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

WyomingWhitetail

Quote from: Alan on January 24, 2023, 03:50:32 AMI have a modified 397 Benjamin. A very minor change to the valve, a SuperSear added, along with a TKO22 suppressor adapter, and wallah! You can almost get the advertised 10 FPE, with very good accuracy out to 50 yards. The TKO22 makes the gun all but dead quiet.

Actually your build thread on that Benjamin is probably the main reason I joined here. I've had my eye on a 392 for a while.

Alan

You can buy tons of parts for just about any Bennie out there. AoA sells the SuperSear, and it makes a whole new gun out on them. The part for the TKO22 suppressor is a bit rare, but not that hard to find.

I still shoot the 397, and pumping one up sure helps the arm muscles too.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).