News:

It may be Winter, but Spring is coming. So start planning for your first airgun outing.

Main Menu

Skout Epoch

Started by Alan, January 20, 2023, 10:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

I wonder if you've seen the YouTube video on the Scout Epoch airgun? The valve is electronically controller, but rather unique in its operation. In that, a separate, adjustable regulator is used to close it!

Expensive at a starting price of $2,950 to be sure, but the information being given, if true, is extreme consistency. Only time will tell.
Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

rsterne

Sorry, haven't seen it yet....

Bob
🇺🇦    I support Ukraine and their struggle to remain free!    🇺🇦

Alan

Alan

I have a Hill EC-3000 compressor. If you're a fellow Guild member, and you pass through Roswell, NM, I'll fill your tank as a courtesy (4,250 PSI limit).

rsterne

Very interesting airgun.... It's nice to see something new.... If I understand it correctly, the valve is a pilot type, using low pressure air to open it.... Once open, some of the HPA bleeds through a small orifice to close the valve.... I'll never be able to afford one, but there are a lot of features I haven't seen before.... It will be interesting to see how this one gets accepted by those who can afford it....

Bob

Alan

To be sure! The valve impresses me, and I hope we'll know more about it in the near future.

I get out of the video, that the pressure for closing the valve is regulated? I'm not sure about that issue, but the sales guy indicated a third regulator (for the bottle) was in store in the near future. 
Alan

rsterne

The "shoooting" pressure bleeds through a small hole, through the valve stem, to push on the back of the valve and close it.... that was my understanding.... A third regulator, on the bottle, would limit the operating range (and load) on the main (shooting pressure) regulator....

Bob